A wonderful three bedroom home on a large waterfront lot on the Madawaska River. For sale by owner. You won't find this on MLS or Realtor.ca.
Here are some highlights of the location:
- 12km to Trans Canada Highway No. 2.
- 16km to Mount Furlong (International Ski Resort) which has top class entertainment year round.
- 10km to the botanical gardens.
- 16km to Madwaska Maine.
- 3 hours drive to Quebec City.
- 6 hours drive to Montreal.
For tax purposes, the property is considered part of Madawaska County, which is under provincial jurisdiction.
The original house was built in the 1950's with a major addition in 1985 and a major renovation in 2013.
The original house consisting of the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom was gutted back to the concrete pad and new insulation was installed. (R20 in the walls and R40 in the floors.) New chip rock insulation for the walls and ceiling.
Updated plumbing and electrical.
The original structure is essentially a new building in 2013 while the addition was built in 1985.
- laminate floor
- electrical is 200 amp
- heating is with electric baseboards supported by a refurbished pellet stove with a metal chimney
- asphalt roof replaced 8 years ago
- septic tank cleaned summer of 2015
- 2 years new kitchen stove and dishwasher
- 3 years new washer and dryer for reliable laundry
Click this link to view the floor plan.
Room Dimensions: (approximate, buyer to verify if important)
Sun Porch 8' x 20'
Living Room 10' x 15'
Sun Room 7' x 22'
Family Room 22' x 35' which includes dining room and kitchen
Master Bedroom 10' x 16' with Walk-in Closet 3' x 16'
Bedroom 10' x 15'
Bedroom and utility access 9' x 12'
- 140 feet by 400 feet deep
- 1.289 acres or 56,000 square feet
Driveway is long and gravel.
Separate garage is 12' x 20' and refurbished in 2015.
Hydro electricity is on an annual budget of $213 / month.
Property tax is $92 / month or $1104 per year.
The reason for selling is family commitments required the owners to move to Halifax.
Price is negotiable.
Contact Brian McNichol directly at 902-240-7526 or by email using the contact form on this listing.
No rooms information available.